Author Topic: I'm A Celebrity 2022: 'We've had a lovely relationship ever since': Sue ....  (Read 579 times)

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/celebrity/article-11418193/Im-Celebritys-Sue-Cleaver-tells-campmates-shes-adopted-explains-met-birth-mother.html

I'm A Celebrity 2022: 'We've had a lovely relationship ever since': Sue Cleaver tells campmates she's adopted and explains how she met her birth mother in chance encounter

By Callum Wells For Mailonline

Published: 21:54, 11 November 2022 | Updated: 22:00, 11 November 2022

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here's Sue Cleaver revealed to camp she was adopted during Friday's episode.  The Coronation Street star, 59, told the story of how she met her birth mother for the very first time, following a chance encounter with her husband at an audition when she was in her early 20s, shocking her fellow campmates.  She explained: 'It was when I was at drama school, I was about 22/24 and Royal Exchange were looking for little tiny parts for Oedipus.'

Sue explained when she walked in, an actor said: 'Oh my god, she's the absolute double of my wife when I met her.'

He then asked Sue her date of birth. Sue explained he then asked: 'Oh, so where were you born?'

Sue continued: 'And I went, "Barnet." He rung his wife and he said, 'I've found her.'

Scarlette Douglas reacted: 'What!' while Jill Scott added: 'Nah, that has just given me goosebumps!' and Babatúndé Aléshé said: 'That's spooky! That's mad.'

Sue continued: 'It's uncanny and I've got two half sisters who are all in the business.'

Jill said: 'That is the most incredible story I think I've ever heard.'

Sue concluded: 'It's lovely because my mum and my birth mother, we've all met, been out for dinner, we've all kept in touch, so we've all had lovely relationship ever since, so it's a nice ending. I'm very lucky.'

Elsewhere during the episode, Boy George and Matt Hancock both drew the short straw as they were voted by the public to take on this year's first eating challenge.  And the singer, 61, did not appear to be enjoying his 'disgusting' fermented plums as he gagged while politician Matt, 44, couldn't help but laugh, a teaser clip has shown.  The pair were sent to La Cucaracha Cafe to stomach some unpleasant snacks in an effort to win 11 stars for the main camp.  George, who is vegan, will not have to eat the insects and other animal parts in the show's infamous eating trials, but his plate of fermented plums still seemed to be just as stomach-churning.  As he attempted to wolf down six of the fermented plums, George hilariously quipped that he could 'eat anything' as Matt cackled as he gagged over the meal.  The challenge kicked off with Boy George being presented with a plate of wraps, with a line of fermented plums on the sideThe Karma Chameleon singer wasted no time as he immediately shoved one in his mouth and quickly started to eat another three in one go.  'Oh he's popped them in! He's not hanging around,' Ant commented.

But Dec quickly added: 'Hang on, something has stopped him in his tracks.'

It quickly became clear that the singer was struggling to keep down the stomach-churning snacks as his eyes began to water and he grimaced.  Commenting on what the plums tasted like, George said: 'It tastes like perfume. Tastes like you've been poisoned.'

Matt is seen laughing as George attempted to swallow the pieces of fermented fruit and was unable to stop himself from repeatedly gagging.  'It's really disgusting, but I can eat anything,' he then quipped.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 10:28:25 AM by Forgotten Mother »