Author Topic: Jokes  (Read 1760 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jokes
« on: April 02, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »
THE 10 LAWS OF LIFE

1. When one's hands are covered in oil, grease, or glue, your nose will start to itch. (Law of Itchiban)

2. Your insurance will cover everything but what has happened. (Incuranctions So Sorry Law)

3. When things seem easy to do, it's because you haven't followed all the instructions. (Destiny Awaits Law)

4. The cost is always higher than one budget for, and it's exactly 3.14 times higher, hence the importance of pi. (Law of Pi Eyed)

5. The probability that one will spill food on one's clothes is directly proportional to its need to be clean. (Law of Campbell's Scoop)

6. Each and everybody sitting on a commode will cause the doorbell to ring.  (Law of O'golly Gee!)

7. Wind velocity will increase proportionally to the cost of one's hairdo.  (The Hair-Wind Principal)

8. After discarding something not used for years, you will need it one week later. (Law of Irreversibility)

9. Arriving for an appointment will cause the receptionist to be absent, and if one arrives late, everyone else arrived before you. (Law of DeLay)

10. Do not take life too seriously, because, in the end, you won't come out alive anyway. (Law of Absolute Certainly)

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Jokes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 03:45:08 PM »
THE RUMOR

Keep this philosophy in mind the next time you hear, or are out to repeat a rumor.  In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students ...?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me, I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Test of Three."

"Test of Three?"

"That's correct," Socrates continued.

"Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to test what you're going to say. The first test is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man replied, "actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second test, the test of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.  Socrates continued, "You may still pass though because there is a third test the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really..."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The man was defeated and ashamed and said no more.  This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.  It also explains why Socrates never found out that Plato was having an affair with his wife.

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 04:03:15 PM »
When my mother was called for jury duty, she felt confident of her ability to answer the questions asked of prospective jurors. As a young attorney, I had filled her in on what to expect.  Asked about the occupations of family members, Mom answered, "My son is a lawyer."

As a follow-up, she was asked if she had ever used the services of an attorney.  "Only to mow my lawn."

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:22:42 AM »
The professor of a contract law class asked one of his better students, "If you were to give someone an orange, how would you go about it?"

The student replied, "Here's an orange."

The professor was outraged. "No! No! Think like a lawyer!"

The student then replied, "Okay. I'd tell him `I hereby give and convey to you all and singular, my estate and interests, rights, claim, title, claim and advantages of and in, said orange, together with all its rind, juice, pulp, and seeds, and all rights and advantages with full power to bite, cut, freeze and otherwise eat, the same, or give the same away with and without the pulp, juice, rind and seeds, anything herein before or hereinafter or in any deed, or deeds, instruments of whatever nature or kind whatsoever to the contrary in anywise notwithstanding...'"