Author Topic: From Codependent to Independent  (Read 1537 times)

RDsmum

• View Profile
From Codependent to Independent
« on: July 29, 2020, 08:33:56 PM »
https://www.dailyom.com/cgi-bin/courses/courseoverview.cgi?cid=868&aff=92

From Codependent to Independent
By Mary Joye, LMHC

40,042 people have taken this course

Find yourself constantly trying to please other people, and seek their approval?

Are you the go-to person for everyone else's problems?

Or maybe you're afraid of being alone or abandoned, so you put up with unhealthy relationships to avoid it?

All these things are symptoms of what is called codependency, and by definition, it's a loss of self because you're too busy taking care of others. What's important to remember though is that you're a human being, not a human doing, and you simply can't do everything for everyone. This course explores and tackles ways that codependency has impaired your life and, more importantly, it will show you how to repair it. You'll be brought through a process of realization so that, finally, you can start to live your desired life on your terms.

You Can Give and Live Well

The world needs giving, loving, compassionate, and empathic people like you. However, you also need to receive love, kindness, and compassion in return. The concept of the cycle of receiving and giving is sometimes difficult for people who are codependents because they're often in one-sided relationships. However, you're disabling yourself from your authentic path and purpose when you continue to enable others this way and despite your best intentions, you're also depriving the person you're sheltering of the lessons they need to learn and grow. The truth is, you can only give so much for so long before you start suffering and need help yourself. Your need to be needed is actually an embedded fear of abandonment somewhere in your subconscious, but you can transform any fear of abandonment into abundance.

Some of the symptoms of codependency include:

Approval seeking, or people-pleasing.
    Fear of being alone or abandoned.
    Feeling selfish, or guilty for not meeting the needs of others.
    Feeling not good enough, or too much or too little.
    Irritable when others don't take your advice.
    Diminishing yourself in order to lift up others.
    Being everyone's go-to person.
    Getting caught in others' trauma and drama.
    Rescuing or fixing others, to your demise.
    Giving ultimatums, or nagging to keep others out of trouble.
    Covering or taking a fall for others.
    Enduring unhealthy relationships to avoid loneliness.
    Giving of your finances and other resources to depletion.
    Having an addict, user, abuser, or narcissist in your life.
    Having self-limiting or self-sabotaging beliefs.
    Over-responsibility or doing more than your fair share.

I Can Do Anything, But I Can't Do Everything

Each lesson concludes with a musical affirmation to summarize and sublimate the lessons into your subconscious. An inner child healing meditation is also included, with guided imagery exercises, and tools and diagrams that will expedite your self-actualization. This course will not change your true personality. It is not telling you to give less. More than anything, it'll enlighten you on how to give and live well, without guilt or fear. You'll discover much more than just learning to say no to others. You'll learn how to say yes to yourself independently and interdependently and form healthy, reciprocal relationships.

This enlightening course is perfect for:

Professionals and coaches who work with codependents.
    Empaths, and highly sensitive people.
    Anyone who is in a helping profession, or a personal caregiver.
    Anyone in a relationship with an addict, abuser, or narcissistic type personality.
    Those seeking to become self-actualized.
    Anyone who gives to others, without depleting themselves.

The 21 Lessons are:

The Roots of Codependency.
    Regaining a Sense of Self.
    The Neuroscience of Codependency.
    Healing Family Secrets.
    Inner Child Healing.
    Compassion Fatigue Protection.
    Spiritual Healing.
    What do YOU Want?
    Revealing and Healing Unhealthy Relationships.
    Healthy Connections.
    Enlightenment of Your Gift of Giving.
    Developing Safe Boundaries.
    Servanthood vs. Servitude.
    Approval Seeking and People Pleasing Intervention.
    Zero Tolerance=Infinite Possibilities.
    Financial Independence.
    Peaceful and Powerful.
    Emerging Independence and Interdependence.
    You Are Good Enough.
    Belonging and Wholeness.
    Abandonment to Abundance.

What Others Are Saying About This Course

"Mary helped me confirm how I've been abused from conditioning with toxic relationships and what to do about it. She taught me how to get a safe distance from people who hurt me by going into "flight attendant mode" when confronting people. I learned they probably wouldn't change but I could change the way I reacted. I had read so much on codependency and narcissistic abuse but Mary gave me hands-on counsel to keep me safe from harm."

"I used to concentrate on others more than myself. I always knew what they were thinking but I wasn't listening to myself. Then I suffered. Through her counsel and coursework, I have learned not to say "yes" to others right away. I used to feel like I had to say yes. I now examine and edit my responses to people. We are all connected and dependent on one another but this has taught me to do it in healthy ways."

"I told Mary Joye I was getting sick to my stomach every time certain people called because I knew they always wanted something from me. She helped me recognize there was a physical part of feeling used. I now know to help others who want to help themselves but not constantly bail out the same people over and over. If I feel sick, I say no."

"At first I was skeptical I was codependent and that it was a lot like the addiction of the person I loved. I was trying to make someone I love get help so they would see how much I loved them and they would appreciate me saving them. I was angry but when I learned to detach and do nice things for myself, I look better and feel better."

"I'm so glad I came to see Mary Joye when I was so young. I was people-pleasing and didn't know it. I was had low self-esteem. I was trying to accomplish more and make my family proud of me but I felt like a failure. I acted out by people-pleasing it made me feel worse. She used a lot of things to show me how to trust and confide in myself and that is what self-confidence means. She helped me to choose a major and career that is healthy for the way I am without being overwhelmed."

"Mary helped me see I had compassion fatigue from caregiving. I was the only one in my family doing it. My (family members) didn't do anything but criticize me for how I was taking care of (my parent). It was hurting me so much emotionally and spiritually. Mary worked with me and my spiritual belief to help me listen to myself and find my voice. She helped me look to the future with guided imagery...I am now enjoying that future we saw long ago!"

"I was always arguing with the narcissist in my life...Mary taught me to detach and say and write less to him and do more for myself...I told her if she ever needed me to write anything about how she helped me with codependency I would do it and now I am."
About Mary Joye

Mary Joye is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Life Coach. She employs traditional and creative therapies such as guided meditations in her private practice, and is also certified as a Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator. She is an author and speaker in her area and on self-help websites. Recently, Mary has also been a contributing author of "Becoming Whole Again" for DailyOM.

Mary worked in her father's psychiatric practice in her youth, when she thought she had to be an accomplished extension of her family's image. She went into the entertainment industry after earning her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theatre and later earned a Master's in Counseling. From these combined viewpoints and disciplines, Mary personally and professionally learned how debilitating it can be to entertain or help everyone else while disregarding your own needs. She sought knowledge and enlightenment about giving and living well during the passing of a family member. It is her belief that others can learn to arrive from the conditioning of their past to a place of holistic abundance and enlightened fulfillment.

How Does It Work?

Starting today, you will receive a new lesson every day for 3 weeks (a total of 21 lessons). Each lesson is yours to keep and you'll be able to refer back to it whenever you want. And if you miss a lesson or are too busy to get to it that day, each lesson will conveniently remain in your account so you won't have to search for it when you're ready to get back to it.

Free Gift

As a free gift, when you sign up for this course, you will also receive the award-winning DailyOM inspiration newsletter which gives you daily inspirational thoughts for a happy, healthy and fulfilling day. We will also let you know about other courses and offers from DailyOM and Mary Joye, LMHC that we think you might be interested in.

Get Started Now

We are offering this course with the option of selecting how much you want to pay. No matter how much you pay, you'll be getting the same course as everybody else. We simply trust that people are honest and will support the author of the course with whatever they can afford. And if you are not 100% satisfied, we will refund your money.