Author Topic: Boy, 5, critical after 'worst case of suspected child beating that made....  (Read 1492 times)

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boy-5-critical-after-worst-22599967?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=EM_Mirror_Nletter_DailyNews_News_smallteaser_Image_Story2&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter&ccid=2369561

Boy, 5, critical after 'worst case of suspected child beating that made doctor sob'

A couple have been arrested and charged after an alleged domestic assault involving a wooden spoon in Sydney, Australia, as the child remains in a critical condition in hospital

By Danya Bazaraa Senior News Reporter

22:45, 29 AUG 2020

A five-year-old boy has been seriously injured in what a doctor described as the "worst case of suspected child beating" he'd seen in his career.  A couple have been arrested and charged after an alleged domestic assault involving a wooden spoon in Sydney, Australia.  Emergency services were called to a property in Cabramatta on Friday night where officers found the injured child.  The boy was treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital.  He sadly remains in a critical condition, News.com.au reports.  Paediatric Neurosurgeon at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead Adam Fowler tweeted this morning: "One admission overnight.  The worst case of suspected child beating I've ever seen in my professional career.  One that made me physically sob whilst examining.  I can't even right now..."

A man aged 20 and a woman, 31, said to be known to the child, were arrested and taken to separate police stations.  The man has been charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.  Meanwhile the woman has been charged with putting a child in danger of serious injury.